About the Company
At Next Gen Foods, we believe a new era of food is coming. An era where we are actively thinking about how we eat, how our food impacts our health and the planet, and that is more delicious than ever before. We don’t want anyone to have to change what they eat; we just want to innovate how we produce and procure our favorite foods. And that’s where uniquely inventive food tech and the explosive power of plants comes in.
That’s the ethos behind Next Gen Foods, and we’re going big with our very first brand: TiNDLE. Ridiculously good chicken made from plants. Launched in 2020 and already being savored around the globe, TiNDLE is a dining experience that will make you wonder why we ever needed birds to make chicken. On top of its unparalleled taste and texture, TiNDLE has the pan-cuisine versatility that chefs look for— which not a lot of big-name chicken producers can claim.
TiNDLE is just the start of Next Gen Foods’ mission of plant-based food innovation. We attribute our success to the expertise of our team, our unparalleled R&D know-how, and our unwavering commitment to making food better without compromises. As we expand our global footprint, we are always looking to grow our team with best in class talent. That could be you! Read on.
Position : Supply Chain Manager
Role Reporting To : Supply Chain Director
- Responsible for the company’s supply chain operations in USA: Procurement & Sourcing, Demand & Supply Planning, Order Fulfillment & Logistics Management, Warehouse & Distribution.
- Map business requirements, study and analyze workflows design, propose, and implement solutions
- Drive Supply Chain optimization initiatives to increase service level and reduce costs
Procurement & Sourcing
- Collaborate closely with the manufacturing and external suppliers for capacity and production planning locally
- Drive effective supplier management relationships focused on quality, supply assurance, and cost.
- Cost management of ingredients and finished goods.
Demand & Supply Planning
- Design and implement a robust Sales & Operations Planning process that works efficiently across different areas of the organization as well as external stakeholders
- Implement a routine of sales forecasting with commercial teams. Develop a solid supply planning strategy including transfers from different countries to USA
- Create, evaluate, and monitor inventory strategies to deliver an excellent service level and meet financial objectives.
- Plan transfers of finished goods and half-finished goods from overseas to USA
Order Fulfilment & Logistics Management
- Engage logistics partners and customs clearance agents for the execution of export/import of goods shipped from overseas
- Ensure right documentation in place for every shipment and perfect coordination for timely shipment & clearance of imported goods
- Build and maintain relationship with sales teams, communicating effectively with distributors on all orders and shipment queries
Warehouse & Distribution
- Communicate closely with logistics partners for smooth execution of inbound process in the 3PL
- Ensure adequate level of finished goods inventories locally for distributors orders fulfilment
- Act as the focal point with local 3PL for anything related to: inbound, inventory release, storage capacity, inventory shelf-life, storage and handling costs, damaged products.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 6 years’ work experience in procurement, supply planning, logistics and/or customer fulfilment function
- Flexibility to work across different time zones
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills which can be applied to business with a “can-do” attitude
- Well verse in MS Office with advanced skills in MS Excel
- Team player, proactive and takes initiative to perform all rounded operational roles
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity to join a dynamic start up environment led by a visionary management team
- Fast paced learning curve for willing learners
- Fun and energetic team
- Excellent career progression development opportunities in a company expected to scale rapidly
- Opportunities to influence and initiate strategic changes to the business