“Personal Data” refers to information from which you can be identified. This includes your name, photo, contact details, address, and other data which can be used alone or in combination with such information to identify you, as well as any other personal information you may input as free text into fields on forms contained on our website(s) and on third party social networks. If you are providing information about or on behalf of a business, this also includes information such as your organization, title, business email, and corporate address.
“User” and “you” refer to any individual, firm, corporation, organization or other entity who accesses and/or uses Next Gen Foods’ website(s), and/or who interacts with Next Gen Foods through a third party social network.
How to contact us.
For the purpose of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and other applicable data protection laws, Next Gen Foods Pte Ltd, 6A Shenton Way, Downtown Gallery #03-02/03, Singapore 068815 will be the data controller responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, processing and storage of your Personal Data in connection with your access to our websites and/or interactions with us through third party social networks.
Next Gen Foods Pte Ltd
6A Shenton Way
Downtown Gallery #03-02/03
Email: [email protected]/de
If you do not want us to share your email address with other parties, please inform us immediately by email at [email protected]/de.
Personal Data we collect about you.
Personal Data which we collect or may collect about you includes:
- General statistical information about users for internal reporting aimed at improving our website(s) as sources of information about our business. Information collected includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is not linked to any information that is personally identifiable;
- Personal data about you to provide you with a range of personalized services, depending on how you interact with our website(s) and/or third party social network accounts;
- Your name, mailing address, email address, contact number and cookie information;
- Any information that you share publicly on a third party social network or information that is part of your profile on a third party social network (such as Facebook and Instagram) and that you allow the third party social network to share with us;
- Records of any email or other correspondence that you send to us; and
- Any other information uploaded by you onto our website(s) or provided by you through third party social networks.
We do not collect any special categories of Personal Data about you, which would include details about your racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions, union membership, health, sex life, sexual orientation, genetic data, and biometric data.
How your Personal Data is collected.
You can delete cookies at any time or you can set your browser to reject or disable cookies by following the instructions available at the following link: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html. Do note, however, that rejecting and/or disabling cookies may limit the functionality of our website(s).
We may also collect information about your computer, such as your IP addresses, operating system and browser type, to administer our websites effectively. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our websites, analyze trends, track users’ activity on our websites, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the effectiveness of our websites.
To learn more about how your information from a third party social network is obtained by us, or to opt out of sharing your social network information, please visit the website of the relevant third party social network.
How and why your Personal Data is used.
We will only use your Personal Data to the extent permitted by law.
We will process your Personal Data:
- where such processing is necessary to allow us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and/or take steps to enter into a contractual agreement with you;
- where such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- for the purposes of our overriding legitimate interests (which may be to prevent fraud, provide you with an efficient and customised experience on our websites, and provide you with services or information you have requested).
We may also use and/or disclose Personal Data obtained from you through our websites, apps and third party social networks for the following purposes:
- Any purpose(s) for which the Personal Data was requested, and related purposes to fulfil our contractual obligations to you;
- To respond to your enquiries, and provide information you have requested;
- For security purposes and/or to detect fraud or illegal activities;
- To improve and personalise your user experience when you access and/or use our websites;
- To send you information, updates, promotions, and marketing and advertising materials in relation to Next Gen Foods and its goods, products and/or services. (If you no longer wish to receive such marketing or promotional communications, you can unsubscribe from them at any time through links available in our communications, or logging into third party social networks and adjusting your account settings
- To improve the content, usability and functionality of our websites;
- For research and analysis purposes;
- To improve our products and services;
- To improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- To evaluate and implement a potential merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of us;
- To enforce contractual and legal rights and obligations, and/or to prosecute or defend legal actions or other proceedings;
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, request from governmental and regulatory authorities, and order of a competent court or tribunal that Next Gen Foods may be subject to;
- Any other purpose for which we have obtained your prior informed consent.
How and/or where your Personal Data is stored.
The Personal Data that we collect from you is processed by our authorized staff or agents, for the specific purposes for which the data was collected. We have put in place industry-standard measures to protect the security of your Personal Data and the information we collect. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is never completely secure and while we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we will not be responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the Internet, or for any changes to or losses of data.
Please be advised that the Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred between members of the Next Gen Foods Group and to third parties in connection with the purposes set out above. Therefore, your Personal Data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Singapore which may have different laws, different data protection compliance requirements, and hence, different levels of privacy protection than in your country.
When you provide your Personal Data to us via our websites, apps or third party social networks, you agree to any such transfers, storage or other processing.
For how long your Personal Data is stored.
We will only retain your Personal Data insofar and as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected or as permitted under applicable law. This includes retention of your Personal Data where it is in our legitimate interest or to comply with any legal obligations and/or requirements which we may be subject to (such as a legal requirement to retain data for a minimum period of time, or for tax and accounting purposes).
Please be advised that in certain situations, we may anonymise your Personal Data (such that it can no longer be linked to your identity) for research or statistical purposes. In such situations, we may continue to process such data indefinitely without further notice to you.
Who your Personal Data may be shared with.
We will only share your Personal Data in compliance with, and to the extent permitted by, applicable law.
We may disclose your Personal Data to:
- any member of the Next Gen Foods Group, including subsidiaries and associated companies;
- third parties, such as a prospective or actual buyer in the event of a potential merger, acquisition or restructuring of our business;
- third parties pursuant to any applicable law, regulation, request from governmental and regulatory authorities, or order of a competent court or tribunal that Next Gen Foods may be subject to, and/or in order to enforce our legal rights.
We do not sell any of your Personal Data to third parties.
You possess a number of legal rights concerning your Personal Data.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, your rights include:
Right of Access: You have the right to access and receive a copy of your Personal Data held by us.
Right to be Informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how your information is used by us, as well as your rights.
Right to Rectification: You have the right to ask that your information be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to Erasure: You have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Data at any time, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it. However, we may retain certain information about you as required by law and for legitimate business purposes permitted by law.
Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to request that we suspend the processing of your Personal Data. This means that we can still store your information, but may no longer use it.
Right to Data Portability: You have the right to request the transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party. This right only applies to information which you initially provided consent for us to use, where we used the information to perform a contract with you or where the processing of your Personal Data is carried out by automated means.
Right to Object to Processing: You have the right to object to your Personal Data being processed for a particular purpose or to request that we stop using your Personal Data.
Right to Withdraw Consent: Where our processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you do so, we will stop processing your Personal Data unless there is another lawful basis for us to continue doing so, in which case we will inform you of this.
Right to Reject Automated Individual Decision-Making: You can request not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing, including profiling. That said, we do not envisage that any decisions will be made about you using automated means. We will inform you if there is a change in this position.
Rights regarding Marketing Communications: You have the right to ask us to stop or to start sending marketing messages at any time.
Right to Lodge a Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your Personal Data with your national data protection regulator.
Should you wish to exercise any of your legal rights concerning your Personal Data, please contact us using the contact details of our Data Protection Officer set out above. Do note, however, that in exceptional circumstances, and to the extent permitted by law, we may refuse your request. We will endeavour to respond to you within one month from the date we receive your request. We will also inform you if processing your request is going to take longer.
California Consumer Privacy Rights.
If you are a resident of California, USA, you are entitled to request once a calendar year, and obtain from us, disclosure of certain types of personal information we have about you and how we have used and/or shared that information. You may also request that we delete your personal information (subject to certain exceptions), and that we not sell your personal information (which in any event we do not do).
You may find out more about your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) at: https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displayText.xhtml?division=3.&part=4.&lawCode=CIV&title=1.81.5.
Third party websites and services.