- 10½ oz TiNDLE Thy
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- ½ tsp Sichuan peppercorn
- 1¼ oz cashew nuts
- 4 dried chilies, chopped (pre-soaked to soften)
- ½ small red onion, medium diced
- 3 scallions, white parts only, cut into 2cm pieces
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 vegetable stock bouillon cube
- 3¼ oz Chinese cooking wine
- 3¼ oz water
- 1½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- Garnish: Sliced red chilli and chopped scallions
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan at high heat.
- Toast cashew nuts in the pan until golden brown. Remove cashew nuts from the pan and set aside.
- Portion TiNDLE Thy into small cubes.
- Using the same pan, sear the TiNDLE Thy pieces until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Turn heat to low and add 1 tbsp of oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, dried chilies, Sichuan peppercorn, onions and scallions. Stir-fry for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in Chinese cooking wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in seared TiNDLE Thy, the rest of the sauces, white sugar and white pepper.
- Add 100ml of water.
- Stir and cook until TiNDLE Thy reaches internal temperature of 167°F.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch with ½ tbsp water to form a slurry.
- Add slurry and cook until sauce thickens.
- Garnish with cashew nuts, sliced fresh red chilies and chopped scallions.
- Serve with white rice.