21 April 2022
Director of Retail Sales – UK
At Next Gen Foods, we believe leaving a better world for the next generations shouldn’t be a pain. By using plants to create delicious and nutritious food that will make you forget why animal proteins were ever needed, we can change the future of the planet – one bite at a time.
That’s why we created TiNDLE. Ridiculously good! chicken made from plants. 🌱 To some, the idea that chicken made from plants can taste exactly like, if not better than chicken from birds, is kind of ridiculous. We looked ridiculous in the eyes and said, ‘Let’s do this!’ And we created a mouth-watering meat experience. By changing what we consume, we can affect the future of the planet – one delicious bite at a time. A taste rollercoaster, TiNDLE satisfies every meat lover’s cravings – from the very first bite to the last lick of the lips. It’s a mind-blowing experience that has everyone talking (that is, when they’re not busy eating).
Since starting Next Gen Foods in 2020, we have experienced rapid growth thanks to our unique recipe, R&D know-how, quirky brand building, and an unwavering commitment to our mission.
After a successful launch in the World’s hottest cities (Singapore, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, NYC, Chicago, Miami…) and restaurants, we’re looking to continue expanding our footprint across countries and channels, reaching millions of consumers where they eat and shop chicken.
We’re looking for top talents passionate with food and driving a positive change in the world, so if it sounds like a bit of you… read on!
POSITION: Director of Retail Sales – UK
As the Director of Retail Sales – UK reporting into the VP of Business Development Europe, your role is to lead the UK retail sales organization to deliver sales growth by successfully launching TiNDLE into retail with win-win strategic partnerships and quickly building the brand into the category leader. You’ll be responsible for pitching retailers, building the team, setting the strategic direction, managing the P&L, representing the brand with strategic partners, and continuously expanding our retail presence.
Build a winning organisation
- Design, structure and lead retail commercial efforts in the UK
- Assess and implement the best commercial strategy and structure model for growth balancing between future internal sales team, distributors and eventually brokers.
- Assess, review and implement improvements and growth in distribution arrangements.
- Manage tools (e.g. ZoHo, trade spend software) and materials (e.g. pitch deck) needed for the sale organization
- Manage and develop the internal sales team.
Own the brand retail P&L in the country, ensuring sustainable growth in line with company targets
- Manage and own all aspects of your P&L to ensure targets are met and exceeded within budget
- Define your market strategy with clear plan of action to achieve TiNDLE’s goals and objectives.
- Develop pricing architecture and strategies to ensure commercial viability as well as margins for the company.
- Interact with marketing team to ensure strong synergies between brand building and commercial operations.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain on demand planning and S&OP process, providing the bottom-up forecast for each retailer.
Successfully launch the brand in retail
- Develop and implement route to market for retail operations.
- Work in partnership with the Innovation and Supply Chain teams to ensure the range and go-to-market is fit to win in the UK and delivered with excellence.
- Acquire new retailers and develop winning partnership with existing ones
- Lead joint business plan development with key retailers, including defining the account launch plans to drive trial and sales targets
- Present TiNDLE product line and conduct category reviews
- Collaborate with the Marketing organizations on ongoing activities to drive TiNDLE success in retail, such as digital/social media and influencer campaigns, demos/sampling events, table-top presentations, and industry events
- Accelerate sales via promotional activities in line with budget
- Grow instore presence (shelf space) during retailer range reviews.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- 8+ years’ experience leading an FMCG retail account in the UK – food category experience is a plus, especially chilled or plant-based
- You demonstrate ability to collaborate and work well cross-functionally
- You are a strong negotiator who excels in customer selling and establishing collaborative relationships with clients.
- Our fast-pace excites you; you are comfortable to balance multiple competing directions, and manage multiple projects successfully
- You are agile in the face of changes and ambiguity. You are considered a creative and pragmatic problem-solver
- You enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting things done
- You are proactive, with a high sense of urgency and ownership
- Strong analytical skills with results and metrics driven approach to sales.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to join a dynamic start up environment led by a visionary management team
- Fast-paced learning curve for willing learners
- A young, fun and energetic team
- Excellent career progression development opportunities in a company expected to scale rapidly
- Opportunities to influence and initiate strategic changes for the company
- Remote position
- Annual performance bonus.
To apply for this position, please email Catherine Weston ([email protected]/uk) a copy of your CV/Resume (required) and a cover letter (optional).