- Food start-up Next Gen Foods is launching TiNDLE – the delicious and sustainable chicken made from plants – in some of Germany’s top cities and popular restaurants, including Kimchi Princess, Taqueria el Oso, Goldies, and Servus Heidi
- The first plant-based chicken made with chefs and by chefs, TiNDLE is now available across Berlin, Cologne, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Munich, and Stuttgart in a wide array of dishes from schnitzel and tacos to dumplings and currywurst
- Entry into Germany marks TiNDLE’s third European launch and the company’s continued expansion into the hottest food scenes in the world
MUNICH, DEUTSCHLAND (13 June 2022) – Starting this week, Next Gen Foods is rolling out its flagship product, TiNDLE, in restaurants across Germany. TiNDLE will debut across six of Germany’s biggest cities, across 40 sites with many more to come, partnering with over 20 of Germany’s top restaurants – in a range of delicious applications from a hot stone TiNDLE Bibimbap to TiNDLE Chicken Parm and TiNDLE Tacos.
Currently, chicken is the most popular animal protein in Germany, with consumption totalling at 15.6kgs per capita (2021). Like chicken from birds, TiNDLE meets the expectations of German palates for chicken, working well across a whole host of cuisines from traditional German cooking to Middle Eastern or Asian flavors – offering the same versatility, taste, and texture.
TiNDLE is the first chicken made from plants that was created specifically with chefs and for chefs — a versatile, easy-to-work-with product that has caught the eye of culinary professionals internationally, due to its unique similarities to chicken from birds. It can take center stage in any dish, from satay to schnitzel, as well as favorites like Döner kebabs or sushi.
The popular plant-based chicken has seen rapid success across several culinary epicentres, including the United States, UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, and Dubai. From this week onwards, people in Germany can taste TiNDLE in a range of delicious preparations at the following restaurant partners:
In Berlin: Bang Boom Burger, Bar Eigengrau, Chaparro Cocina Mexicana, Coffee Circle, Das Försters, Goldies, Kimchi Princess, Kyo Grill, Maria Vegan Comfort Food, Taqueria el Oso; in Cologne: Freddy Schilling; in Dusseldorf: Bob & Mary, Hafenmeisterei, Waya Kitchen, Klapdohr-Delikatessen, Oktopussy, 20Grad Restobar; in Hamburg: Kini; in Munich: München72 and Servus Heidi; and in Stuttgart: Banh Mi Bubbles, and Mineralbad Berg.
(See Appendix for full restaurant and menu details)
“In our continued mission of bringing delicious and sustainable options to food lovers, we are proud to bring TiNDLE innovation to menus across Germany,” says Timo Recker, Executive Chairman and Co-Founder of Next Gen Foods. “As a native German myself, it is close to my heart to bring TiNDLE home; with the incredible variety of cuisines, cultures, and restaurant partners here in Germany, this is a significant moment for the brand. Having felt the incredible enthusiasm for TiNDLE in our recent European launches such as in the UK and Netherlands, we hope to bring about a similar reaction here in these incredible food-focussed cities of Germany.”
Young-Mi Park-Snowden, owner and founder of Kimchi Princess in Berlin, said: “We are thrilled to be one of the first restaurant partners for TiNDLE in Germany. TiNDLE has been a breath of fresh air for our Korean kitchen team; we can create both signature and new dishes for the menu using this delicious and versatile chicken made from plants. Our customers and even my own daughter have found it impossible to tell the difference between TiNDLE and chicken made from birds – which means we can deliver the desired dishes and meal kits with a plant-based twist.”
TiNDLE’s German launch celebrations kick off in the culinary melting pot of Berlin. On Friday 17th June, TiNDLE will be hosting a unique evening at Bite Park Berlin from 5-10pm, with six restaurant and food truck partners serving TiNDLE sliders in a themed experience.
On Saturday 18th June, the launch activity continues with free Taco giveaways from TiNDLE launch partner Taqueria el Oso at the Berlin Markthalle Pfefferberg from 12pm onwards.
TiNDLE’s Germany debut marks its availability in over 500 restaurants across 50 cities on 4 continents. Following the company’s successful start in Europe with a record-breaking $100 million Series A, Next Gen Foods brings its chef-approved chicken to one of Europe’s food meccas. The company plans to continue its mission to create a more sustainable food system, as well as gearing towards TiNDLE’s retail debut in 2023.
The company plans to expand across additional cities and restaurants in Germany, along with hiring for new roles that can be found here https://tindle.com/uk/careers/
Restaurants interested in serving TiNDLE can reach out to [email protected]/uk
Rapid growth, global vision
Next Gen Foods was founded in 2020 by Brazilian-born poultry exporter and food industry veteran Andre Menezes, and German native Timo Recker, whose family business made schnitzel and other meat products for three generations. After meeting through an introduction by Rohit Bhattacharya, who is now the start-up’s Chief Financial Officer, they decided to work on products that reduce humanity’s reliance on animal agriculture.
The early leadership team – including Chief Operating Officer Alex Ward and Chief Marketing Officer Jean Madden – worked closely with Chief Technology Officer and the brainchild behind TiNDLE, John Seegers, to develop a flagship product through extensive research into what makes chicken taste and perform like chicken. They named their first product TiNDLE as a modern reference to 19th-century Irish physicist John Tyndall, who proved the connection between atmospheric CO2 and the greenhouse effect.
On average, chicken made from plants requires less land, less water, and produces less CO₂ than chicken from birds. Based on a 2020 Blue Horizon report, choosing plant-based chicken over avian meat uses 82% less water, 74% less land and 88% less greenhouse gas emissions.
TiNDLE is a juicy, plant-based chicken that offers mouth-watering taste, texture, and versatility – and uses a fraction of the land, water and energy needed to produce meat from birds. Made with only nine simple ingredients, TiNDLE is the first product by Next Gen Foods, a Singapore-founded food tech company that is developing and commercialising innovative and sustainable foods. Available in restaurants globally, TiNDLE is the first chicken made from plants designed by chefs and for chefs and is a winner of the National Restaurant Association’s 2022 Food and Beverage Innovation (FABI) Awards. For more information, visit www.tindle.com/uk or follow @tindlefoods on Instagram and @tindle.foods on TikTok.
About Next Gen Foods
Founded in 2020, Next Gen Foods is a food-tech start-up developing and commercialising innovative and sustainable plant-based food products — including its flagship product, TiNDLE. Next Gen Foods is backed by a team with proven experience in plant-based food technology, global brand development, and global distribution scaleup. For more information, visit nextgenfoods.sg.
Full list of restaurant partners for TiNDLE Germany Launch:
- Bang Boom Burger: The Berlin-based burger joint, known for its mind-blowing sauces, will serve TiNDLE from 17th June as two delicious burgers. The Crispy TiNDLE Burger with Japanese bread, wild herb salad, and mango-ginger mayo and The Crispy TiNDLE’s Hot Sister, topped with harissa mayonnaise, spicy BBQ sauce, and a fruity salsa.
- Bar Eigengrau: Located in the minimalistic cocktail bar, Daniel Does Food will present TiNDLE from 17th June in four dishes including TiNDLE buffalo wings with handmade fermented hot sauce, TiNDLE Sliders in southern-fried coating on milk bread, a southern-fried TiNDLE Sandwich served with magic sauce and habanero pickles and a TiNDLE Belgian-style waffle with whipped honey butter, habanero syrup, and pickled jalapenos.
- Chaparro Cocina Mexicana: The colourful Mexican eatery will serve TiNDLE in three traditional dishes from 20th Juneincluding a Mole, where TiNDLE is cooked in a rich chocolate-based sauce and topped with a blend of nuts, a traditionally spiced TiNDLE Cochinita topped with onions and habanero, and a TiNDLE Al Pastor where TiNDLE is vacuum-marinated for 24-hours and served alongside freshly roasted pineapple.
- Coffee Circle: This hip café will serve TiNDLE from 13th June as Vegan TiNDLE Chicken Tacos in a Mexican style with lime dressing, pickled red onions, and coriander.
- Das Försters: The Berlin-based café with an innovative vegan menu will offer TiNDLE from 17th June as a grilled TiNDLE Chicken Breast served alongside ratatouille and roasted lemon thyme potatoes.
- Goldies: The laidback burger joint will serve TiNDLE from 1st July as several Fried TiNDLE Chicken dishes served in different ways including with honey butter dressing and pickles, with green chilli butter, and with fresh hot peppers, coriander, and Sichuan chili oil. Each TiNDLE dish will be served in a potato bun with either parmesan, Sichuan chili, or bearnaise mayonnaise.
- Kimchi Princess: The leading Korean chain will serve six TiNDLE dishes from 17th June including a hot stone TiNDLE Bibimbap, a TiNDLE Dak Bulgogi in soy-ginger sauce, a TiNDLE Crispy Chicken Salad with sweet chili sauce, a TiNDLE Fried Chicken with a touch of cinnamon, TiNDLE Fried Chicken Sticks, and a TiNDLE Dak Deop Bap.
- Kyo Grill: The trendy Japanese-style BBQ grill known for its skewers will offer TiNDLE from 17th June in the style of Yakitori Skewers, grilled over an open-fire, and marinated in homemade Japanese barbecue sauce.
- Maria Vegan Comfort Food: The Berlin eatery, known for its fresh products and good, honest food, will offer TiNDLE from 17th June in three dishes. A crispy Hawaiian Burger with a double-fried TiNDLE cornflake coated patty served with BBQ glaze and grilled pineapple slices, TiNDLE Chicken Parma Loaded Fries where fries are served alongside crispy fried TiNDLE strips, topped with caramelized onions and cashew-mozzarella, and a TiNDLE Caesar Salad topped with a homemade dressing.
- Taqueria el Oso: The Mexican eatery serving authentic and delicious al pastor tacos will present TiNDLE from 17th June as a Tinga Taco with tomato chipotle sauce topped with fresh onions and coriander.
- Freddy Schilling: One of the most iconic burger joints in Cologne will serve TiNDLE from 17th June in any of its burger items across multiple sites.
- Bob & Mary: The restaurant joint known for its juicy burgers and salads will offer TiNDLE across three sites from 13th June as a Mary Meets TiNDLE Burger in a sweet and sour style with mung beans and pak choi and as TiNDLE Nuggets served with a spicy Asian-style sauce. Fried TiNDLE patties will also be available in any Bob & Mary Burger of a customers’ choice.
- Hafenmeisterei: A culinary focal point in the Düsseldorf harbor with fresh and regional delicacies, Hafenmeisterei will offer TiNDLE from 13th June as a TiNDLE Poulet Fou in a sesame-honey crust with lime and ginger sauce served alongside an herb salad with berries.
- Klapdohr-Delikatessen: The Dusseldorf-based delicatessen will offer homemade delicacies made from TiNDLE from 13th June as a panko-battered TiNDLE Steak, baked in vegan butter served with a mixed salad of peas, yellow beetroot, cucumber, tomato, and berries
- Oktopussy: The modern international restaurant will serve TiNDLE from 14th June as a panko baked TiNDLE with Amarillo potato puree, guacamole, braised onions, and a vegan lime mayonnaise
- Waya Kitchen: The popular soul food restaurant will serve TiNDLE from 16th June in North American, Asian, and South American dishes.
- 20Grad Restobar: The unique Mediterranean resto-bar will serve TiNDLE from 16th June in three ways: TiNDLE Meatballs with a spicy Mediterranean tomato and red pepper sauce, TiNDLE Croquettes deep fried, seasoned with Arabic flavours, a homemade aioli mayonnaise, and a mixed summer salad with deep fried TiNDLE dumplings.
- Kini: The Korean plant-based restaurant in the heart of Hamburg Sternschanze will serve three TiNDLE dishes from 30th June. A Korean TiNDLE Popcorn Chicken, a TiNDLE mixed rice Bibimbap with assorted vegetables, and a Kimbap, rice wrapped in seaweed and filled with TiNDLE pieces and vegetables.
- München72: The retro sidewalk café will serve TiNDLE from 13th June in three exciting dishes, a Vegan Chicken Salad with TINDLE Chicken, spicy popcorn with a lime maple syrup dressing, and farmers’ bread. A Veggie Club Sandwich with TINDLE Chicken, tomatoes, pickled cucumber, Emmentaler fried egg, cocktail sauce, and fries. And a delicious TINDLE Chicken Burger in a wholegrain bun with spicy tomato salsa, rocket, vegan apple balsamic mayo, and fries.
- Servus Heidi: The Modern Bavarian Tavern will serve TiNDLE from 17th June in a Bavarian TiNDLE Hot Dog in a pretzel bun topped with cucumber relish and fried onions, and in Vogelfrei, a fried TiNDLE dish served with cold-stewed cranberries and a potato lamb-lettuce salad.
- Banh Mi Bubbles: The Asian street-food eatery will serve TiNDLE from 13th June as two innovative dishes. A Kikeriki, TiNDLE Lemongrass Chicken and Tan Tan Kikeriki, a miso broth with homemade noodles.
- Mineralbad Berg: The long-established Stuttgart mineral bath, offering only regional and sustainable products, will serve TiNDLE from 13th June in its Neuner Deli as a TiNDLE Burger with cheddar, pan fried potatoes, and herby sour cream dip.