Online Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice explains how the Next Gen Foods Group of companies (comprising Next Gen Foods Holding Ltd and each of its direct and indirect subsidiaries and associated companies from time to time, including without limitation Next Gen Foods Pte Ltd, N G Foods B.V., and Next Gen Foods, Inc, Next Gen Foods (UK) Limited, and Next Gen Foods GmbH) (collectively, “Next Gen Foods”, “we”, “us“, and “our”) collects, uses, discloses, processes, and stores information regarding Personal Data (as defined below) provided to us by users through our various channels such as our websites, applications and third party social networks. TiNDLE is a registered trademark of Next Gen Foods.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it.
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, please consult the EEA/UK GDPR supplemental notice below.
“Personal Data” (sometimes referred to as “personal information” under local laws) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes your name, photo, contact details, address, and other data which can be used alone or in combination with such information to identify you, as well as any other personal information you may input as free text into fields on forms contained on our website(s) and on third party social networks.
“User” and “you” refer to any individual, firm, corporation, organization or other entity who accesses and/or uses Next Gen Foods’ website(s), and/or who interacts with Next Gen Foods through a third party social network.
Changes to this Privacy Notice.
We reserve the right to amend, revise or change the terms of this Privacy Notice at any time. Notice of any change to this Privacy Notice will be posted on our website(s). Therefore, we encourage you to return to our website(s) frequently to stay up to date on our current privacy practices. If required by law, we will also provide notification of changes in another way that we believe is reasonably likely to reach you, such as via email. Once posted on our website(s) or otherwise notified to you, the revised Privacy Notice supersedes all previous versions, and continued access and/or use of our website(s) after the date of such revision constitutes your agreement to be legally bound by the terms of the revised Privacy Notice.
How to contact us.
For the purpose of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and other applicable data protection laws, Next Gen Foods Pte Ltd, 4 Battery Road, #25-01, Bank of China Building Singapore 049908 will be the data controller responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, processing and storage of your Personal Data in connection with your access to our websites and/or interactions with us through third party social networks.
You may also contact the Next Gen Foods Singapore Data Protection Officer (the “Singapore DPO”) at the below-listed physical and/or email address if you have any additional questions or require more information about our Privacy Notice. For the avoidance of doubt, the Singapore DPO serves as the Data Protection Officer solely for purposes of Singapore data protection and data privacy laws and not for purposes of the laws of any other jurisdiction.
Next Gen Foods Pte Ltd
4 Battery Road
#25-01, Bank of China Building
Email: [email protected]
If you do not want us to share your email address with other parties, please inform us immediately by email at [email protected].
Personal Data we collect about you.
– Information you provide to us.
Personal data you may provide to us through our services, or otherwise, includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number and postal address.
- Communications data, such as data that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through our services, social media, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them, including your location.
- Job application data, such as first name, last name, phone number, email address, LinkedIn URL, resume, cover letter and information about your motivation that you voluntarily provide. Please find more information on our Employee and Candidate Privacy Notice.
- Other data not specifically listed here, which we will use as described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise disclosed at the time of collection.
– Third-party sources. We may combine Personal Data we receive from third party vendors and/or other commercially available sources with the Personal Data we collected. The third-party sources from which we may receive Personal Data are:
- Public sources, such as social media platforms and other publicly available sources.
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information.
- Third party vendors, such as service providers providing fraud warnings or enrichment service providers to enhance and personalize your user experience.
- Marketing partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
- Commercial partners, such as our distributors and third party marketing and sales service providers.
If you choose to interact with us by using a third-party platform or network, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Spotify, we may collect data from that platform or network, regarding your interactions with our web page on these third-party platform or network.
– Automatic data collection. We may automatically collect data about you, your computer or mobile device while you access, browse, view or otherwise interact with our services, the data we collect may include:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), Internet service provider, IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to our website, websites accessed by your system via our website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
How and why your Personal Data is used.
We will only use your Personal Data to the extent permitted by law.
We may also use and/or disclose Personal Data obtained from you through our websites, and third party social networks for the following purposes:
- Any purpose(s) for which the Personal Data was requested, and related purposes to fulfil our contractual obligations to you;
- To respond to your enquiries, and provide information you have requested;
- For security purposes and/or to detect fraud or illegal activities;
- To improve and personalise your user experience when you access and/or use our websites;
- To process your job application;
- To send you information, updates, promotions, and marketing and advertising materials in relation to Next Gen Foods and its goods, products and/or services by electronic means and conduct cold calls. (If you no longer wish to receive such marketing or promotional communications, you can unsubscribe from them at any time through links available in our electronic communications, or logging into third party social networks and adjusting your account settings)
- To improve the content, usability and functionality of our websites;
- For research and analysis purposes;
- To improve our products and services;
- To improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- To evaluate and implement a potential merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of us;
- To enforce contractual and legal rights and obligations, and/or to prosecute or defend legal actions or other proceedings;
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, request from governmental and regulatory authorities, and order of a competent court or tribunal that Next Gen Foods may be subject to;
- Any other purpose for which we have obtained your prior informed consent.
How and/or where your Personal Data is stored.
The Personal Data that we collect from you is processed by our authorized staff or agents, for the specific purposes for which the data was collected. We have put in place appropriate industry-standard measures to protect the security of your Personal Data and the information we collect.
Please be advised that the Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred between members of the Next Gen Foods Group and to third parties in connection with the purposes set out above. Therefore, we may transfer your Personal Data outside of Singapore. Where we do so, we will ensure that we take appropriate steps to ensure that such recipients are bound by legally enforceable obligations or specified certifications to provide the transferred Personal Data a standard of protection that is comparable to that under the PDPA.
When you provide your Personal Data to us via our websites, apps or third-party social networks, you agree to any such transfers, storage or other processing. If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, please consult the transfer section in the EEA/UK GDPR supplemental notice below.
For how long your Personal Data is stored.
We will only retain your Personal Data insofar and as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected or as permitted under applicable law. This includes retention of your Personal Data where it is in our legitimate business interest or to comply with any legal obligations and/or requirements which we may be subject to (such as a legal requirement to retain data for a minimum period of time, or for tax and accounting purposes).
Please be advised that in certain situations, we may anonymise your Personal Data (such that it can no longer be linked to your identity) for research or statistical purposes. In such situations, we may continue to process such data indefinitely without further notice to you.
Who your Personal Data may be shared with.
We will only share your Personal Data in compliance with, and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
We may disclose your Personal Data to:
- any member of the Next Gen Foods Group, including subsidiaries and associated companies;
- our business partners (such as Help Scout, Microsoft) insofar and for as long as it is necessary to administer our websites effectively. In so doing, we will, wherever reasonably practicable, contractually require our business partners to assume and apply the same rights and obligations regarding your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice;
- third parties, such as a prospective or actual buyer in the event of a potential merger, acquisition or restructuring of our business;
- third parties pursuant to any applicable law, regulation, request from governmental and regulatory authorities, or order of a competent court or tribunal that Next Gen Foods may be subject to, and/or in order to enforce our legal rights.
We do not sell any of your Personal Data to third parties.
Under applicable laws, you may have rights to access, update, rectify, or erase certain Personal Data that we have about you or restrict or object to certain activities in which we engage with respect to your Personal Data. If you have such rights and your request complies with the requirements under applicable laws, we will give effect to your rights as required by law.
To exercise any rights you may have under applicable privacy laws, please contact us using the details in the “How to contact us” section above.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you are located in the EEA/UK, please see more information about your rights in the EEA/UK supplemental notice.
As we are unable to distinguish the age of persons who access and/or use our websites, or who interact with us through third party social networks, a blanket Privacy Notice is applied. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If you think that a child or a person below the age of 16 has provided us with Personal Data without parental or guardian consent, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Third party websites and services.
Our websites may contain links to third party websites and services with which we have no affiliation, and who may adopt different data protection and privacy policies than us. A link to or other availability of any third party website or service does not mean we endorse it, or the quality or accuracy of the information presented on it. When you click on one of those links, you are entering another website over which we have no control and will bear no responsibility. Our Privacy Notice does not apply to those third party websites and services, we encourage you to carefully review the legal and privacy policies of those third parties if you decide to visit their websites and/or use their services.
EEA/UK Supplemental Notice
If you are located in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, and access our Sites, this EEA/UK GDPR supplemental notice applies to you.
A. LEGAL BASIS.
Our legal basis for collecting and using information described herein will depend on the Personal Data concerned, and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect Personal Data from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the Personal Data to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests is not outweighed by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect and maintain Personal Data from you.
|Purposes of processing||Legal bases
|To manage our relationship with you: this includes (i) responding to your request/inquiries or otherwise communicate with you, and (ii) to provide you with information and content you have requested||
|To process your job application: Please consult our Employee Privacy Notice for more information as to our purposes in this respect.
|For internal business purposes, such as: (i) to ensure access to and maintenance of our website, to ensure its proper functioning and to carry out statistical analyses on the use of the website and the frequency of visits; (ii) to improve our website and customize your browsing experience; and (iii) to track any fraudulent activities and other inappropriate activities and monitor content integrity on our website.||
|To generate Personal Data analytics derived from cookies, which enable us to (i) understand what may be of interest to you, (ii) deliver relevant website content to you, (iii) to measure or understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you, and (iv) to improve our website||
|Send you marketing communications by electronic means (e.g. to send you our newsletters)||
|To improve and develop our websites.||
|To comply with any legal or regulatory requirements (e.g. comply with our legal accounting obligations)||
|If applicable, investigate or settle inquiries or disputes (e.g. management of complaints, after-sales service and guarantees)||
|If applicable, to disclose your Personal Data to third party business partners / services providers||
- B. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to the Personal Data we hold about you:
- Right of access: you can ask us to provide you with information about our processing of your Personal Data and give you access to your Personal Data;
- Right to rectification: if the Personal Data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it rectified;
- Right to erasure: you can ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no lawful reason for us continuing to store or process it, where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your Personal Data unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons that will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request;
- Right to restrict processing: you can ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Data if, (i) you want us to establish the Personal Data’s accuracy; (ii) where our use of the Personal Data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (iii) where you need us to hold the Personal Data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to our use of your Personal Data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it;
- Right to object: where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation that makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms;
- Right to data portability: you have the right, in certain circumstances, to ask us to provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information for which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the Personal Data to perform a contract with you; and
- Right to withdraw consent at any time: where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
Please note that some of these rights may be limited where we have an overriding interest or legal obligation to continue to process the Personal Data or where certain exemptions apply.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided above.
If you are resident in the EEA and you believe we are unlawfully processing your Personal Data, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. If you are a resident of the UK, your local data protection supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office, established at 45 Melville Street Edinburgh EH3 7HL.
- C. Transfers
We may transfer your Personal Data outside of the EEA and/or UK. Some of the recipients of your Personal Data are located in countries in respect of which either the European Commission and/or UK Government (as and where applicable) has issued adequacy decisions, in which case, the recipient’s country is recognized as providing an adequate level of data protection under UK and/or European data protection laws (as applicable) and the transfer is therefore permitted under Article 45 of the GDPR.
Some recipients of your Personal Data may be located in countries outside the EEA and/or the UK for which the European Commission or UK Government (as and where applicable) has not issued adequacy decisions in respect of the level of data protection in such countries (“Restricted Countries”). For example, the United States is a Restricted Country. Where we transfer your Personal Data to a recipient in a Restricted Country, we will either:
- enter into appropriate data transfer agreements based on so-called Standard Contractual Clauses approved from time-to-time under GDPR Art. 46 by the European Commission, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or UK Government (as and where applicable); or
- rely on other appropriate means permitted by the EU/UK GDPR, which establish that such recipients will provide an adequate level of data protection and that appropriate technical and organizational security measures are in place to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss or alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
You may ask for a copy of such appropriate data transfer agreements by contacting us using the contact details above.